I am actually at home today and feeling a little sick due to this lingering cold. I was up all night hacking and coughing so I didn't get much sleep. =( Being pregnant is hard because I can't even take a cough drop! =) I never take medicine anyway, but it's times like this I wish I could have a decongestant. I just don't want to take anything unless it's an emergency. So, since I am home and not out with friends, I decided to upload my pics from yesterday's incredible task of cleaning out and organizing the nursery (formerly guest room and scrapbook room) and the office (now guest room/scrapbook room).
My friend Diana was so gracious to come over and help with this huge task. Both of those rooms were normally always very clean and picked up because we rarely used them. However since Christmas and my trip to San Diego, they have become dumping grounds due to my extreme tiredness. This was one project I wanted to do over Spring Break so I was so glad when Diana volunteered to help because I was OVERWHELMED! ARGHH! With her motivation and initiative, we got the whole nursery cleaned out except for the bed (too heavy to move) and a few tiny things that I need to find a place for. The office was very difficult to clean because of all the "stuff" that was hidden away in the desk. We got that COMPLETELY cleaned out!! I want that out of there so badly, but it was way too heavy for us to move. Hopefully soon it will be gone so that I can start making the office look better. Right now, there are still some piles to go through, and the furniture needs to be spread out after the desk is gone. However, that was a fabulous start to a great room! It's still a work in progress. I even got some things organized in the living room that I had been wanting to do but was too tired to do it. Overall, it was a GREAT morning, and we did it in only 3 1/2 hours!! THANK YOU, DIANA!!!!!
Guest Room/Scrapbook Room Before
Nursery After
Office Before
Scrapbook Room/Guest Room After
AWESOME Cleaning Coach!


2 comments:
How funny~we have the same desk! You're right...it's HEAVY!!
I remember the "cleaning" process of our guest room too! This time we are just moving to make room. I can't clean and purge enough stuff to even fit another pet in this house, more less a baby and all it's "stuff"! You are going to be an incredible mother. Look at you already getting a start on the nursery planning process! Can't wait to see the finished project...baby and all! :)
Post a Comment