This was the very first ultrasound that we got. It was the day I went to the doctor because of the stomach flu (8 weeks, 2 days). The nurse practioner was SO NICE and said that if it were her, she would want to see that her baby was OK. When I told her it was our first time to see the baby, she was so sweet to make sure we saw the heartbeat, and printed us 2 pictures--one for Dave and one for me. I got to see it's little heartbeat which was so special, but Dave was so worried that there might be TWINS that he couldn't see the heartbeat. Too funny! =) After this, Dave said "Wow, it really does look like a peanut!"
This was taken 2 days later (8 wks, 4 days) at my regularly scheduled ultrasound appointment with the GOOD ultrasound machine. I got to hear the heartbeat this day, but unfortunately Dave wasn't there to get to see or hear the baby. It was so neat to hear the hearbeat!! This was a 2D picture.Taken same day as the above picture, but the nurse just pushed a button on the machine and it went straight to 3D mode. How cool is that?? It was very neat to see our baby through the 3D camera! (I am pretty sure she just put the arrow there to show where the head is....which seems pretty obvious to me but who knows.)
Here was our most recent photo, taken at 11 wks, 4 days. We had to get this taken because when the nurse practioner tried to use the doppler on me to hear the heartbeat, she said I would probably need to be at least 12 weeks or later to hear anything. So, in order to see the heartbeat, we had to use the ultrasound machine. Dave got to see the heartbeat this time, but as much as I tried, I guess I was too far away to see the flicker. That was a very unnerving feeling (and still is) to leave without seeing or hearing anything.....BUT, both Dave and the NP saw it, so I had to take their word for it. Next time, I will make SURE I see or hear it! =) If you look carefully, you can see the profile view of the baby, with the head on the right side and the feet on the left. You can even almost see a mouth, nose, eye spots, and a hand! This was a cool picture, even taken on the "bad" machine!
There are some of the pictures I promised. I may have time in a few minutes to post some belly shots. We shall see. If not, I hope to by tomorrow. Thanks again for all the sweet comments and emails!



No comments:
Post a Comment