Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, March 7, 2008

It's SNOWING in SHREVEPORT!!!

Though we have had upper 70 degree weather the last two days, God performed a MIRACLE and there was actually SNOW in Shreveport today!!!! I am so shocked that the weathermen predicted an accurate report for snow (this has been the prediction about 3 other times this winter and we had NOTHING). Of course, the students were WILD and CRAZY because this NEVER happens here! I thought we would get out of school like several of the other private schools in the area, but we stayed all day. And, actually, I am GLAD we stayed because it is such a headache getting all those parents called for early-outs since we have no bus-system at our school. (Wanted to give credit to the photographer of the above picture...thanks, GINA!! You captured exactly what I was thinking!!) =)

This was actually the first I saw of the snow because I was working so hard in my classroom...Dave sent this to me with his phone. Isn't he such a sweet guy?? This is the snow that collected on the cars at Toyota outside his office... I was so disappointed because all the other 3rd grade teachers got to see it and I didn't. But, God was so good and answered my prayers to actually see the snow for myself! =)

Lisa ran to my room to get me so I could get my picture in the snow when it started coming down pretty hard....as you can see it was a little windy and chilly... =) I love my expression (I was actually EXCITED about it, but you wouldn't know it... )

I promised my kids we would take the "long way" to music class so they could walk in the snow. They just think I am the BEST teacher (haha!). They were doing what I did at that age and tried to eat the snow....

Though it's a LITTLE hard to tell, there was actually a good bit of snow coming down and blowing pretty hard in this picture. The flakes were pretty big and it was so fun to see it again! =) (I am SO GLAD I don't live up north though......) =)

No comments: