Yesterday was Kristyn's 6 week birthday....apparently that is a big deal to all moms because after that they start to change and aren't so "newbornish" anymore. I guess they start to sleep through the night more, look around more, are more content not eating all the time, etc. I wouldn't know, but that is what Amy, and several other mommas have told me. It's the "GOLDEN DAY". We will see how Kristyn does the next few days and see if that is right for her. I got to go spend the afternoon with Amy yesterday and take a walk with her, Kristyn, Jamie, and Olivia. Olivia melts my heart every time I see her now because she gets the BIGGEST grin on her face when she sees me and walks right over to me, arms open wide! =) It's so fun!! =) Here are a few pictures from the afternoon walk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One other awesome thing about today (besides that I got to spend lunch with my other friend Amy who is so AWESOME!!!), was that I got to spend the WHOLE DAY WITH DAVE!!!!!!!! I am on Spring Break right now (and have been since Thursday at 3:00) so when he got his VERY unexpected day off after working open to close EVERY day for 4 days, I was home to spend time with him! It was one of the best days we have had together in a while!!! =) We woke up late morning (me at 7:45, him at 8:45), I made oatmeal for us, I did some blogging while he watched a little soccer, and then we took a LONG walk together around a new track we haven't been on before. When we got back, we headed to Lowe's to find a storage shed for the lawn stuff (you know the Rubbermaid plastic kind that don't take a lot of assembly???). Good luck finding those!! We went to 4 different stores and couldn't find one! I have seen them every other year until the year we want to buy one!!! Anyway, for lunch I went to eat at Applebee's with Amy Horton, and Dave went to Waffle House for his steak sandwich he loves. We met after lunch and did a little yard work. It was such a nice day outside that I couldn't help but be out there. While at Lowe's, Dave did find a "cultivator tool" that helps put holes in the yard for grass seed, and I got 3 pots of my favorite cut flowers...gerbera daisies! =) They are beautiful! Dave did his whole seed/fertilize/water the yard thing, and then killed all the many ant beds that we have. I think he liked doing that!! =) I just enjoyed being out there with him because I know yard work is one of his favorite things and he doesn't ever get to do it with his long schedule. In the afternoon after I got back from Amy Ricketts' house, Dave and I just hung out and played with the kitties. He loves those cats so much! They are so cute when they are all playing together! =) We ate dinner at Johnny's pizza, tried to find a storage shed (no luck with the kind we wanted...), and watched a couple of our favorite shows on TV. Though he didn't get a nap in (big deal...), he said it was one of the most relaxing and fun days he has had in a long time! I would have to agree!! I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! If only we could have days like this MORE OFTEN!!! =) 


1 comment:
I WISH my kids would have started speeling through the night at 6 weeks old! Wow! The girls were probably about 3-4 months and John didn't sleep all night until he was 7 MONTHS OLD! Agh!
Post a Comment