Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby Shower with LifeGroup Friends

About a week and a half ago (June 26th) our LifeGroup friends at church (Sunday School class in case you aren't familiar with "LifeGroup") threw Dave and I a baby shower. My mom was able to come down for it and spent the weekend with us. It was such a fun shower--I LOVE these girls!!!! They were WAY too generous for Little Buddy, but we are SO APPRECIATIVE!! I don't think I will EVER be able to show them just how thankful we are! =) Mom got to see just how sweet everyone is to us and how many awesome friends God has allowed us to make over the last couple years. I seriously don't know WHAT I would do without our church and all the friends we have made because of it!! THANK YOU, GIRLS!!!!!!!! (And I SURE missed all of you that weren't able to make it! It would have been even more fun if you girls could have come!!)
Here is a group picture of everyone that came (it was a unique shower because we had 6 kids there also....that was so much fun cause those kids go with us EVERYWHERE anyway, so I was glad they were able to join in!).


Almost every shower we have, Jamie makes the BEST cupcakes for the "honored" person...it's a class tradition and we wouldn't have it any other way!!


Monica and Megan and Diana did a FANTASTIC job of doing the decorating and getting such yummy food for everyone! Thank you, Monica, for hosting the shower at your house! You and Josh have done an AWESOME job of re-doing it all!!


Megan made the CUTEST wreaths for decoration (and for me to take home!)! Here is one of the four that she made...she is so CREATIVE! I had never seen a "diaper wreath" before.... how perfect! She also made 2 different ones that I can put on the hospital door after he is born and at home on his bedroom door.


Monica is always our "game coordinator" and as always she came up with some VERY creative ones! It gets hard to have different games when the class has had about 4 wedding showers and 8 baby showers in the last couple years! One of them was called "What's that White Stuff?" and had 12 different numbered zip-lock bags filled with some sort of white powder from around the house (and surprisingly NONE of them were sugar, flour, or salt!). You had to guess what each one was without opening the bag. That was a VERY challenging game! Here you can see Jamie and Kara are VERY puzzled!!

Another game we played used playdough. Each person had a can of playdough and had two minutes to create a "baby". Arelis and Amy are busily crafting their babies....I guess it's a GREAT thing that we don't have to craft REAL babies in just 2 minutes!!

Then, I had to decide whose was the most creative out of all of them. Fortunately I had help deciding because it was VERY tough to pick just one!! Everyone did such a great job!


Kara's baby won! Look at the pacifier, the rattle, the diaper, and the bottle!

Mom was very proud of her baby because she made it look like the one in the ultrasound picture! How clever! =)

The BEST part about the games was that after every game we played I "won" a prize and I didn't even have to win the game! Usually I am one of the biggest competitors in the games we play so it was nice to get a prize and not have to win...thanks, Monica!

Look at all the GIFTS that Dave and I got for Little Buddy!!! These girls were way too generous!! We got some of the cutest and most thoughtful things. We got a lot of very practical gifts as well which are always an awesome thing!! Thank you to ALL of you!! You SO didn't have to do all this!!!

I got one very special gift...it was a gift from my terrific friend Sarah back in St. James who goes to the church I grew up at! I haven't seen her since last year! What a surprise!!! Thanks, Sarah and Mom, for helping make it an even more memorable occassion!! And, the outfits you got us were adorable! =)

Everyone at the shower (and a few that couldn't make it) helped chip in to buy us this HUGE gift...... (like I said, they did WAY too much!) =)

....it was the stroller that Dave and I picked out!! Thanks, EVERYONE!!!! (I will show it on the next post because Diana came over to help put it together....)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

So is Brody the name? You had been calling him buddy in your posts, but here you said Brody. Did I miss a post? Did you announce the name? Am I going crazy? Anyway...if this is in fact little buddy's name, I LOVE it!:)

Gina said...

What fun!! Can't wait to see you next week. I have plans to come to your shower (Lord willing). You have to be one of the cutest pregnant women!!