Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Firecracker 5K



Hooray! I FINALLY got to do a 5K during my pregnancy! I haven't done one since December and it was killing me!!! Diana asked Dave and I to go do the Firecracker 5K on the 4th with her and a few friends. This was really neat because last year I was in Virginia and missed out on this same race, which is one of the biggest of the year. So, not only was it my first 5K during my pregnancy, but also one I hadn't gotten to do last year. What a fun oportunity! I was a LITTLE nervous that I would make it the entire 3.1 miles, but I did! =) Of course I walked, but it was much slower than usual. Poor Angela who had to slow down to keep up with Dave and I! I did really well as far as my feet/back were concerned, and could only feel a LITTLE strain in my tummy on the big hill. However, over all it was super fun and I came home and RELAXED the rest of the day with Dave! (He was actually off for the 4th, and then got Saturday off as well!!! 3 days at home with Dave?????? WHAT??? That was VERY unusual but VERY enjoyable!!! It's like we were a "normal" family.....)

Dave and I before the race started




Jeff, Gina, Diana, and Lisa...these are all friends of Diana. I had met Gina once, but now she and her husband, Jeff, live in Lubbock, Texas, so it was nice to see her again! (And Gina and Lisa are sisters...)


Diana and her sister, Candace


Us with Angela (the usual 5K crew together again....FINALLY!!!)

This was the throngs of people right after the race started....whew!


It was so unusaul to be WALKING the whole time! I wanted to run so badly! =)

These girls just LOOK like they are behind us, but in all actuality they were in front of us the whole time...they didn't have a prego walking with them! =)


All the people BEHIND us.....
....and in FRONT of us! This is a big race with probably 2500 people!
Dave's finish time--he raced ahead of us at the end....
Mine and Angela's finish time....last fall when I walked the Susan G. Komen race with Marsha my time was MUCH better...I think it was 45 minutes or so! I guess I wasn't 7 months pregnant then!
We MADE it!!! =) Happy Fourth of July everyone! We are so BLESSED to live in a FREE country!!!!!!! =) We love the United States and the Biblical standards it was founded on!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Kudos for doing a race. Yeah, you're not likely to see me doing that pregnant or not.:-)