Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Handmade Projects for Little Buddy

Recently I have been busy making a few things for Little Buddy and his room. Some have involved painting, cutting, hot glueing, & sewing. ALL have involved lots of thought and time! =) After being around Jamie so much recently when she is in her "sweat shop" pounding out dresses/outfits for Olivia and a few "customers", I got the crafty bug! However, after I started the projects, I soon realized that I will NOT have a sweat shop at my house! That was too much work!! It was fun to make things for Little Buddy, though, so I enjoyed it most of the time. It was fun going material shopping, and the BEST part was that I MADE everything for at least 1/4 or 1/3 of the cost that the same items were being sold for in a high-end baby retail shop called Ladies in Waiting. (This is the same store that Katie and Suri Holmes visited while in Shreveport last year....read the story in People.)

Here is the Diaper Stacker that I made. It was time consuming, but turned out really cute. I saw one in Ladies in Waiting before Olivia was born (1 1/2 years ago) and thought they were adorable. Fortunately I didn't have to pay the $45 to buy one...I found a pattern from McCall's that made the exact same thing! (And, in case you were wondering, I will NOT be taking orders to make this for anyone!)



Cuddles shows her approval


A few days ago I went over to Jamie's house with the exact intention to make a diapers and wipes holder. Olivia has one and I have bought several for friends over the last year. They are so cute, but I wanted ones that were made with different material. After shopping at several material stores, I found just the material that I wanted, and Jamie very patiently helped "re-train" me in my sewing skills. I was VERY appreciative of her because this was the first project I had sewn in several years other than curtains (which don't involve a pattern and instructions)! We used Olivia's as the guide and made one that looked very similar (when you don't have an actual pattern, it's very difficult to get EXACT measurements!). After Jamie helped me make the first one, I made the second one all by myself! =) Now, if I find cute material later on (that isn't sports perhaps), I can make another or two! You can never have too many! (One for the car, one for the diaper bag, one for the purse, etc...) So, Little Buddy, your momma actually SEWED something for you! =)

Jamie workin' away on Olivia's newest creation in her sweat shop....


The baseball one is EXACTLY the same material as the one I sent my friend Jennifer for her new little boy, only her's was red, and this one is blue (and has the same cream colored ball material on the inside)! CRAZY! I had no idea it was THAT similar! =)

Our finished projects!

No comments: