Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

First Pregnancy Class

Last Tuesday I was SO EXCITED because Dave got to come with me to our first (MANDITORY) pregnancy class for the hospital we want to deliver at. I thought that we might have to wait until the August class, but didn't want to wait that long in case something happened and we couldn't go to that one. This class was the Orientation & Anesthesia class that introduced us to the hospital, told us all about epidurals (that I'm terrified of), and about child-birth/when to come to the hospital. Dave and I both thought it was very informative and we learned a lot! We had to watch a birth (not my favorite part...) and even AFTER watching what they would have to do to give me an epidural Dave STILL wants me to get one (HE even wanted one after watching the video!)! He is CRAZY! =) They are going to do that to his poor little wife and he still wants me to get one. I guess his reasons ARE valid--I have a slightly low tolerence for pain and he wants me to enjoy the delivery and not be in pain the whole time (I REALLY think it's so I don't yell at him like they show in all the movies!). We will see what happens! I may have to end up getting a C-section and HAVE to get an epidural! =) I am just so glad that we got to go because it makes me feel so much better to be able to know what is going on before it happens and WHY it is happening! =) There are several more classes that I hope to get to go to with Dave, but only God will be able to make those miracles happen! They are only offered on nights Dave has to work late! We will see! =) I am just thankful for this one!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh yes...the anesthesia class.

Believe me the epidural is sooo worth it. I only experienced the first part of labor with Courtney and that was all I needed!! God will give you the strength and a great anesthesiologist!!

Brandi said...

If you plan to have a natural childbirth, more power to you! I think it is awesome when women can do this without giving in to the pain meds. I have a good friend from playgroup that has had 3 natural childbirths (is that a word?). Me, on the other hand, was ready to run away with my anesthesioloist. It didn't matter that she was a woman. I loved her! :) Mike was more bothered by watching the epidural, than I was by having it put in. It is a beautiful thing. :) Don't be scared, be grateful they exist!!!