Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Day in the NAVY

I'm so PROUD of my brother, David!!!! He has faithfully served over 6 years of duty with the United States Navy and today is his LAST DAY!!!! =) During his career he has moved to many states in the US, done at least 3 or 4 tours to Iraq, and has gotten to see so many countries that I will never get to see. (Lucky duck!) He is so intelligent that he was able to work in the nuclear reactor section of the ship his whole time there. I know the USS Nimitz in San Diego is REALLY going to miss his expertise! =) I wish him luck as he tries to find just what he is looking for out in the job market....I know there are a LOT of companies that would LOVE to have someone with his knowledge, diligence, and loyalty! I pray that God will use him wherever he goes! =) WE LOVE YOU, DAVID, and CONGRATULATIONS from Dave and I (and the rest of our families)!!!! =)

Some Fun Pictures from the Ship When I was in San Diego in December:
A view of his carrier, the USS Nimitz, from the pier in San Diego
David and I before we went on the ship
How would you like to sleep in one of those three bunks for 6 months?? Talk about cramped!

On the flight deck of the USS Nimitz at sunset

This was leading into the cafeteria....notice the emergency door to the right. Those are all over the ship. Every set of (steep) stairs has a hatch like that in case the ship starts sinking.








No comments: