After a nice nap, Brody was up and ready to go!
Checking out his new ornaments that had been put on the tree while he was asleep.
"Talking" (more like listening....) to Granny on the phone.
Play time in his wagon with all his new things.....
Love this one!
"UP!"
Dave and I decided to brave the chilly weather and take Brody for a spin. Thankfully it had warmed up some throughout the day.
Wheee!!!
Like always when we take him for walks, he is constantly looking around to see what interesting things he might find. Such a focused little boy...hope this quality always sticks with him!! =)
Looking back and forth........
And every once in a while he finds something he likes! =)
Pointing at the dogs on our walk.....he does this every time! =)
I'm guessing his new ride is comfie??
Home from our walk. Boy, that was refreshing! ;-)
Playtime with Daddy!
After a little while, I actually made dinner (with Dave's help--WHAT?? TWO meals in one day????). We enjoyed some salmon ("fresh" from Alaska--some of our friends went on a cruise recently, caught this salmon, had it prepared and frozen, then shared it with us. We thought Christmas dinner would be a special dinner to have it at!), mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and rolls. Though I don't like to give away ALL my cooking secrets, I have to be honest. At this particular meal the mashed potatoes were actually from Thanksgiving--they were also frozen. However, this is a HUGE step for me, because I am not really a "leftover" girl, and my mom is teaching me (slowly but surely) that food CAN be enjoyed again. AND, the best part of it all was that it was all YUMMY and tasted fresh! Who knew that my mom was really right??? ;-)
Brody's plate...he tried all of it with lots of coaxing, but wasn't a fan of any of it.
MMMM!!!!
I guess mashed potatoes are better ON you than IN you...he has never been a fan of mashed potatoes. Guess that means more for me, but he sure is missing a good thing!!
I'm all DONE!!!
More playtime after a bath and jammies (had to give it early because of the "food painting" Brody did instead of eating). These were some new jammies from my mom.
We almost forgot to open our gifts from Brody to each of us, so we did that really fast before bed...
Man, that boy had good taste....clothes for each of us! =)
These were from Dave's sister, Mary Catherine, and we thought they were gonna be gifts for Brody--boy were we wrong! =) Way too nice to be a play toy for our son!
Admiring his new picture hanger....
After pointing at Grandma and himself a couple times, he noticed his "D" (what he calls his blanket now) and pointed to it over and over again! The things he can find! He amazes me....
Goodnight! What a VERY merry Christmas!! Thank you, God, for such a fun day with my family, and for YOUR greatest gift of all!!! We are BEYOND BLESSED!!!!




























No comments:
Post a Comment