Brody was up bright and early at 7:15 this morning. I let Dave sleep til 8, so Brody and I played in his room with his new blocks from Grandma. He and I had a lot of fun, despite how tired I was....guess Mrs. Claus stayed too up too late. =)
See how tired I was??
It was hilarious to watch him try and "spin" the pinwheels like I did! He doesn't QUITE have the coordination yet! LOL!
After Daddy woke up, we got our annual Christmas morning picture...and it was a GOOD one! =) I got to use my new tripod...thanks, Davey! =)

After breakfast, Mr. Messy needed a bath. While he was in the tub, I read the Christmas story out of Luke 2. It was the only way I knew he would still long enough to listen. =)

He and Dave always have so much fun together, and I LOVE to watch them!!
After his bath Daddy read him the Christmas story out of his book. It's so fun to watch him point to the pictures and hear him say "Jesus" or the animal sounds....(in case you are wondering, yes he was just in his diaper while he ate...that's the only way he would have been able to put his Christmas pj's back on otherwise! HA!)
Discovering all the treats Santa left with his stocking...
Cool! Is this for ME??
You guessed it...we took something away! ;-) Even though we tried to let him go at his own speed and discover everything on his own, he wasn't understanding that the big wrapped gifts were for him...we tried to encourage him to look at them. =)
Found some Weebles to go with his other ones.
Finally wanting to open a big gift...
WOW!!!! Animals!!! (and LOTS of them!!)
He found out he liked the shapes right away!!
We tried to nip this "habit" in the bud right away, despite how cute it was! =)
Books!!!!
A new favorite from Karen Katz! He loves her books!!!!
Made his way back to the wagon, and loaded all his new babies inside.....
Since it was so COLD outside, we had to take it for a spin inside...
Why is it that every kid knows who Elmo is?? We only have two Elmo books, and don't even read them very often. Yet, he knows who he is....Sesame Street definitely knew what they were doing when they created him!!!
Enjoying his stocking goodies...animal crackers and (empty) sippy cups.
"Up!"
Did I ever mention that my kid was talented...and that he loves reading?? Multi-tasking at it's best. =)
Time for our stockings! Dave got a very warm ice scraper (yes, we occasionally have ice on our winshields...and it's COLD trying to scrape them!) and marshmallow cream (his new obsession...he puts it on EVERYTHING!).
My big stocking gift was a new OU shirt...just in time for the upcoming bowl game! YAY!
After lots of playtime, we had Christmas brunch. And, yes, I made it! =)
mmmmm....LOVE me some cinnamon rolls!!!!
Brody's plate...cinnamon roll, hashbrowns, turkey bacon, and eggs. He's a picky eater and he doesn't eat much at a time anyway, so we don't give him a lot of food. Why waste it? =)
He ended up eating turkey bacon....he tried it all but wasn't a fan. Even of the cinnamon rolls. Means more for me! =)
This was Dave's plate before he started eating it. He's a "mixer"....
More playtime before naptime.
Bottle time...
Brody with ALL his Christmas goods!! WOWEE!!!! Thanks to all of our family and friends for so many awesome gifts for our Little Buddy!
He's comfie in his wagon, but it's time for a nap!



























No comments:
Post a Comment