Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Perfect Family Night

Tonight was the PERFECT night as a family! On Facebook (yes, I'm slightly addicted...lol!) everyone always talks about these wonderful evenings out with their families and I get slightly jealous. With Dave's work schedule, we don't usually get to have many "family outings" other than to the store or maybe out to eat, or on a GOOD day maybe to the Boardwalk or the park. While I love ANY time that I have with my two boys, I really enjoy spending time outside of the house since that is where I am most of the day, every day.   On this particular night however, Dave, Brody and I got to spend a LOT of time together out and about!  It was fantastic enjoying some of the beauty of the season!!  First we hit a new park that we've never been to, then went to dinner, then headed to look at Christmas lights, and finally stopped by a live nativity.  While these may seem like simple activities, they were thoroughly enjoyed as we got to watch our little boy experience several new things.  Remember, that's one of my very favorite things to do...see things through HIS eyes!  Lots of pictures because there is lots I want to remember from this night! =)

 
Watching all the kids and their parents before he realized how fun it would be...


LOVE this picture of my two favorite boys!!

 
As you will see in several pictures, he really wanted to try and climb the stairs by himself.  They were a little steep however, so Daddy stepped in. =)


Wheee!


His favorite thing to do for about the first 15 or so minutes was explore the grass, trees, trash, leaves, and dirt...as if he hasn't seen any of it before!  There was a MASSIVE playground all around him, and that's what he chose!  Hilarious!

 
He actually DID climb these stairs by himself.  There were about 4-5 of them, and they were built for little people.


He even turned and went down the slide on his own just like at Gymboree!


Good job, Little Buddy!








Brody (and Daddy) had the BEST time in the music area!  There were all sorts of musical instruments that were built for the kids to play with.





Even though this picture doesn't show it, he was very intrigued by these windmills.  He kept looking up at them and pointing at them.


Playing the alligator....


He was playing the turtle when all the sudden he started making noises and looking at the fence.  Dave and I were a little confused UNTIL we saw what he saw.....


....the DOGS!!!! =)  He followed them down the fence line for a bit until we intervened!

 
I love pictures of him walking....he's so cute!  It's so funny that just a couple months ago his arms were held up in the air as he walked and now they are down closer to his side.  It's so much fun watching kids grow and develop!

 
This set of stairs he actually climbed but Dave just stood behind him.  We were so impressed!  Such strong legs!


A little "Mommy time" on the swing.....didn't last for long because he wasn't able to get around on his own! LOL!

 
Such a curious little guy...I love that about him!  He's just like me! =)


His eyes were amazingly blue so I was glad I was able to capture a couple shots of them! (By the way, he was watching the windmills in these...)





It doesn't get any sweeter than this........

 


 









He LOVED this "window"....he kept looking through it!  I love how he uses his whole body to do it!




 
As you can see, he REALLY enjoyed himself!!!  =)  That running picture is priceless to me...hard to capture a shot like this!


He got to play with animals.....





....go down slides....




 
...and even play at the rock wall!  His Granny is convinced that he will be a rock climber one day.  She tells us often that our friend Justin needs to build him a rock wall for our backyard so Brody can start practicing now. =)  I have to say I agree! =)


Love you both more than words can say!!!!!!


The rainbow at "Rainbow Park"...you can kind of see just how big the playground is.  It goes back pretty far and is very intricate!  We will have to go back again when it's not so cold!  Today it was pretty chilly and windy and we weren't able to stay as long as Brody would have liked. =)

 
This is just one of the MANY reasons I love Dave...he loves to have fun!


Such a priceless picture!  He was letting me know how much that hurt his out-of-shape abs! =)


My cutie-patootie hubby!


Go, Brody, GO!  You're so fast your daddy can't even keep up!


BUT, he finally caught you!


After the park, we headed to Newk's.  This is one of our favorites these days because it's such a family friendly atmosphere in that Brody can almost be as loud as he wants and it won't bother other diners. He used to eat really well there, but these days he's so picky that it's hit and miss on whether or not he will eat... =)


Mmm...crackers are GOOD!


Tonight I kind of enjoyed my grilled ham & cheese sandwich and fruit....


PLEASE, Mom, can I have some of these???




Even though Brody is still a little young to fully appreciate the beauty and fun of Christmas lights, we decided to take a drive around one of the nicer areas of town (that's NOT gated! HA!  That's hard to come by here!) and take a look at the displays.  Dave and I like to give awards for light displays.  This dates back to our first Christmas together (the one we got engaged on...Dec. 29, 2002).  Several years since then we have made a point to go out and look at Christmas lights....it's sort of a tradition. =)  Here are some of the awards we gave out this year.  Keep in mind we were only in a small area so there wasn't too much to choose from.  I know there has to be better displays elsewhere in town, but we have yet to learn where they are!!  =)  Maybe by next year we will know so we can treat Brody to a fun time!


TACKIEST LIGHTS:
While we are very supportive of our country, this display was pretty weak!! Oh, and did I mention this was the ONLY decoration in the whole huge yard???


MOST CREATIVE:
This was a decorated entrance gate to someone's house.  It opened down the middle of the tree.


MOST LIGHTS:
This house was so LONG...it didn't even all fit in my viewfinder!!



MOST COLORFUL:
This picture doesn't do the house justice, but it was bright and beautiful!


SIMPLEST BEAUTY:
I love the wreaths on the windows, the spotlights, and the simple manger scene.


PRETTIEST HOUSE:
While it's not the most creative, I really loved this house!!  I'd even like to own one like it someday.....hahahaha!  THAT'S gonna be awhile! =)


Brody couldn't believe his eyes on the next display....


LARGEST CHRISTMAS TREE:
This is the biggest personal Christmas tree we have ever seen!  Can you imagine having this BARE tree in your yard for 11 months of the year?  Thank goodness for Christmas so it can at least be decorated!


(This is a daytime shot so you can see just how big it is...if you look closely in the background you can see a DirectTV satellite in the yard...)  GIGANTIC!


BIGGEST SURPRISE:
It's SANTA! =)


They had the perfect house and perfect outdoor decor for Santa's display!

 
Having fun on our tour...


After a quick stop at home, we headed over to a live nativity we saw on our way home.  I'm not sure why we've never seen it before except that it's always the Sunday before Christmas and maybe we are at LifeGroup at that time....we had a week off which is why we were able to enjoy such an extravagant evening together as a family! =)


As you can imagine, the horse was Brody's favorite part.........





It was pretty chilly by this time so we didn't stay long, but they sang some praise songs and Christmas carols.  It was a neat little event.




 
You can see he really liked the horse!  If only they had other animals, too......... =)





Clapping for the horse... =)

As you can see, it was a full evening, but we loved every bit of it!  Christmas and all the fun/traditions/meanings will be even more enjoyable next year with a 2 year old!  This year has already been so much fun that I can't wait to see his little eyes light up once again at the beauty of the season!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love that you had a great night with your boys! We love going to Newks whenever we visit my parents. Yummy!