Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Accomplishments

In the last several days Brody has been doing some new things, or "perfecting" skills he was already working on.

He's obsessed with putting objects IN boxes, tubs, or anything that can hold something else!





He is a good little helper, too, and will SOMETIMES help me put the blocks away (ok, so it's only 2-3 blocks, but I'm grateful for ANY help!  As you can see, our living room is always FULL of toys and as soon as I go to put them away, within 10 minutes they are all back out again!!).


(Yes, he still loves laundry...hehe)


He's starting to STAND on everything in sight whether it's, laundry, books, blocks, toys, etc.  I know he's going to end up breaking something (or hurt himself) because he doesn't even pay attention to what it is he's standing on or walking on!  Silly boy!  Guess we need to teach him how to respect his things so they last longer! =)


He definitely knows his family!  Anytime he sees our pictures, he says "da" (meaning Daddy, Mommy, or Brody) and has a huge smile on his face!


He now knows which figure in the nativity is Jesus and will find it when you ask him to and say "Gees" for Jesus.





Then he loves to carry "Gees" around all over the house...


My little climber has now perfected getting in his rocker all by himself--ESPECIALLY when it's bottle time! =)  He will walk over to it when he sees his bottle and climbs in.  Such a good boy! =)





I'm ready for my bottle, Mom!  Nick, Jr.'s on and waiting for me!


While at Diana's the other day, Brody sat at her little wooden table like a big boy to eat his snacks and later his dinner.  I was so impressed!!  He DID try to get on it a few times, but over all did an excellent job getting in and out of the chair.  (I must admit I was pretty nervous much of the time because the chair kept sliding on her tile and I thought for sure he would fall and knock his head!)


Food, please!  (This is very rare for him to be THIS ready for food--he must have been SUPER hungry!  He's so picky these days that usually all I see is the side of his face when he's refusing to eat whatever I am offering him! HA!  I guess he is paying me back for all the headaches I caused my parents with my picky eating over the years!!)





All of us sitting at the small table...poor Dave! =)


Just LOVED LOVED LOVED this picture!!!!!!


Still a huge fan of waking his daddy up after naps!

 
Getting SO GOOD at putting the rings on his stackers! Always impressing his mommy!


High five from Daddy!!


Anytime we say "yay!" he starts clapping (and rightfully so)! =)





One of his favorite spots to sit and rest these days...


Loves riding on Daddy or I now...





Wheee!!!!


Just the other day he started pointing to every part of the label on his food jars and asking "dat" (That?) wanting you to tell him what it is.  He knows the baby and the baby's hat on his yogurt containers and can point to them when asked to do so, knows several food items from the pictures on his jar food, and has been told all about UPC symbols, nutrition charts, and ingredient lists! =)  Sometimes asking him to point to things on the jar is the only way we can trick him into eating--he gets distracted and opens his mouth whenever the spoon is right there! =)  Hey, we do ANYTHING we can to get him to eat.  Gotta get sneaky! =)


Ever since he was about 7-8 months old, one of my favorite games to play with him while he eats is to hide behind Dave and play "Peek-a-boo" with him.  This CRACKS HIM UP!  I love hearing him laugh and seeing that HUGE smile!





In the tub Brody is all about putting ANYTHING in his basketball net, then pulling everything out once he fills it up!










and throughout his bath time he points to the animals/plants/insects in this book asking "dat?" (that) over and over and over! I guess his next repetitive question will be "why?".  I'm trying to get ready for it! =)


Dat?





Huge fan of splashing in the tub!


As well as pouring water out of his cups/rinse cup.


He's now a PRO at getting water in his squirt toys, then squirting them!


He loves to "hide" things now....even in his Daddy's gift boxes!


Closing the lid--where is the block??


There it is!


He even hides more than one! =)
His "object permanence"skills are amazing...he knows exactly where you hide things, what it is that you have hidden, and can even come back later to look for whatever it was that either you or he hid.  I'm proud of his memory (he got that from his DADDY, for sure!!!)!

 
More practice at stacking stars on his stacker....

 
Way to go, Little Buddy!


High five, Mommy!


For a couple months one of his favorite things to do while I am getting ready is open the drawer and get out all my rubber bands, barrettes, clips, etc.  You can even see them scattered in the floor behind him! He is now able to see over the top of the drawer--barely. =)





(Oh, and I certainly want to point out that the purple medicine holder is definitely EMPTY!  It's just something I know he can play with, so that's why it's close to the front of the drawer........)





He enjoys pulling all the blankets and toys/animals out of his crib.  Throughout the day he comes trotting out of his room with something else that he got from his crib (or I hear him grunting/whining because he can't pull hard enough to get out whatever it is that he wants....).


Another satisfied customer... =)

 
Fun with Mommy...teaching him proper posture! =)


A new sound he makes now is the tiger's ROAR...you can see him demonstrating it in the picture!  He can now make the sounds of these animals:  pig, duck, cow, lion, camel, tiger, bear, sheep, and chicken. I hope I didn't forget one! =)  He surprised me with the cow, sheep, and chicken--he did them after I said the animal names while I was pointing out pictures in his Christmas Story book the other day!  I quickly started on the lion, camel, tiger, and bear after I realized how quickly he was learning them.... =)  The camel's "spit" and the "roars" are our favorites!


Where's Brody?


Brody's a professional when it comes to taking clothes OUT of his drawers!  This is another thing that happens throughout the day....he will appear in the living room or our room with socks, shirts, pants, and pj's that obviously came from his drawers.


He's showing just how proficient he is at this....


Almost all out!


BUT....just a day or two ago, he actually started putting them BACK IN on his own!!!


So, it's not as neat as before, but it's a step in the right direction, right??


Trying to close it.... =)

 
He can now also put objects in things that have openings just a little bigger than that object.


We are practicing using a spoon at meal times (and have for a while with little success) so I have started giving him big spoons to use to pick up bigger objects.  We will see if this helps.


He likes putting lids on things though, and is getting better at it!

 
Trying so hard to use this spoon....ahhh, forget it!  Using my hand is much easier!





Just today he started climbing in my lap every time I sat down on the floor.  This is what I have been waiting for since he was born--for him to CHOOSE to want to be near me (other than wanting me to pick him up because he's tired, hungry, whiny, needy, etc....lol!).  He also brought me books to read him, then sat in my lap so I could read to him!!  Ahhhh, now THIS is the life!!!! =)  I love my little boy so much!





He also found out in the last couple days how much fun it was to jump up and down on Mommy's back and tummy when she lays in the floor now that he is able to swing his leg over things.  I'm sure it didn't help my cause any when I laughed HYSTERICALLY because it was so funny!  He's so much fun!!!  I LOVE being a mommy!

No comments: