A couple days ago Brody's high chair tray was in the dishwasher, so in a pinch I decided to let him sit at the table like a big boy. I kind of wanted to see how he would do...
He did well enough that I started feeding him at the table for all his meals. At lunch that day he even used a tray for the first time, and didn't even throw it in the floor once! =)

Mmmm...MILK!
(If ONLY he would actually drink more than a few sips out of sippy cups...who cares what the name of the cup says! LOL!)
I love watching him eat...he's so good at picking out the foods he wants to eat and leaves the things he doesn't. EVEN when they are mixed... can you guess what was mostly left from this meal?? ;-)
Mommy loaded the fork...
...and Brody did his part by eating from it.
WELL, kind of... =) So much easier to eat with his hands I guess. Especially sweet potatoes.
Lunch the next day. Left overs. He's so picky that when I find something he likes, I go with it for as long as I can. Usually I can only get two meals out of him and then he doesn't like it anymore...even when freshly made. I guess it's payback for the torture I put my parents through as a kid.
When he has pictures on his plate he points everything out and has me name every picture. I guess it keeps him interested in the meal, AND he is learning. Willingly.
Mmm....water! My other favorite drink! (And I love these Tupperware cups! Too bad they aren't spill-proof!)
So, to all of you who think Brody is happy all the time, here is what happens when he doesn't get his way (which is quite often. He's a toddler after all.) 
Step 1: Pout, stick out my bottom lip so I look pitiful, and then point to whatever it is that I want. Oh yeah, and throw in a few crocodile tears so they feel even MORE sorry for me!
Step 2: Start crying really loudly and really hard (turning red in the face and having lots of streaming tears sometimes helps) so they just give in because they can't stand it anymore.
Step 3: After I DO get my way (after several minutes of crying--these parents of mine are tough to break!), smile the BIGGEST grin I've ever had so they will think I am the cutest thing they have ever seen. This way, they won't take away whatever it is that I want because they will want to continue to see this great smile!
Just want to say that he DOESN'T get his way most of the time so therefore there is lots of whining, pouting, and crying.... So see, he's not ALWAYS happy! What he doesn't realize is that he's just as cute when he's crying as when he's happy so keep trying, Little Buddy! =)
Aww, man, HERE WE GO AGAIN! Guess my tactic didn't work so well! =)








No comments:
Post a Comment