So, today was the only day we could take Christmas pictures together as a family. And, since the previous ones with just Brody and the lights didn't work out so well, I decided we would try to get some of just him at the photo shoot. We did everything we could to make this a success: I went to church the night before so Brody wouldn't be grumpy from being in the nursery all morning, we tried to schedule it after his lunch and before his nap, and we did it outside (his favorite place to be). WELL, as those of you with children know, it's so hard to get them to be in a good mood ALL the time! Ha! =) PLUS, on top of it, the weather was a chilly 45 degrees, very overcast, and WINDY! Poor little Brody. He was NOT a happy camper!!! But my wonderful friend, Diana, was still able to capture some great (and telling) shots despite all that was against her! She was a great sport the whole time, and after a little initial disappointment of not getting "THE" shot of our family because of Brody's understandable lack of cooperation, I was very satisfied with what she DID get!! THANK YOU, DIANA!! You are amazing! =)
Here are all the shots we DIDN'T choose for our Christmas card. However, these are all my OTHER favorites from the shoot!


Really didn't want to be there, so we tried everything we could to get him to smile...
But all he wanted was DOWN!
The wind was really starting to pick up! We had to take a couple breaks in the heated car to warm up!
He's SO not happy about this picture thing!! We have SEVERAL more shots just like this one! =)
Love this one!
Once he was able to run around and play, he did a little better.
Notice the snot dripping from his nose...not so good for photos! =) It's a constant thing around here these days though...
Love this one of the boys!
Mommy, PLEASE can we leave???
So cute!
Whew! So much wind! You can see how long the sides of Brody's hair are. (He kind of looks like Ace Ventura! Ha!)
Reassurance hugs from Mommy that we will soon be finished...if he cooperates. =)
Wheeee!!
He loves it when I "chase" him!
So, Diana thought the gate would be fun...it worked like a CHARM! How cute is he using his brute strength to push open the gate in these???? =)
He had so much fun! (and of course, Mommy was on the sidelines helping make him laugh and smile!)
Time for a little break to dance and play...
This one is by far Dave's favorite photo of Brody of the day! I love it, too, but wasn't sure if it would be perfect for Christmas cards.
Wanting Mommy to hold him and comfort him.
LOVE this one of Brody and me!!!
And the tears start flowing again.....
The "hand holding" certainly didn't last long for Mr. Independent!! Made for a great shot though!
We had a slight "wardrobe malfunction" and I couldn't stop laughing!!!!!
STILL laughing! I really love Dave's genuine smile in this one though!
These shots were so clever! Love them!
Really not happy with me at this point!
Clap, clap! That will get him to smile!
More clapping for pleased parents...
Brody's SO DONE! And this would have been such a fun shot! Oh well! Maybe we will come back in a few years for his birthday pics or something...there was so much to see and the backgrounds were amazing! Thanks, Diana, for such an awesome location!!
VERY difficult to get a shot of just Dave and I together when there's a certain 14 month old who wants to be into everything! =)
Back at Diana's house hoping to get some family shots by their tree....didn't happen, but got a couple cute ones of us kissing Brody Man.
As well as a couple cute ones of him playing with gifts under their tree...
And the WINNERS for the Christmas card are:
Here is the finished card...Dave picked out all the photos for it, and I thought he did a great job!
And this is the ONE (non-action) family photo that we got from the whole shoot that I really liked (and where Brody wasn't making a "pained" look)! It's in a frame on our mantle and we are giving it out to family.
What an interesting and over-all fun day. I always love to spend time with Diana (and Dave, too...) so that was definitely a positive. You just never know what to expect with babies and kids though! I don't think we have had a "perfect" photo session yet since Brody's been around, but fortunately we have managed to get at least a few pictures that we really like at each one. Just wish I didn't have so many expectations going into the shoot...I'm sure that would cut down on a LOT of the anxiety! Gotta love the adventure regardless. And, at least this is one more big thing off my long list of "to-dos" for Christmas!! =)











































No comments:
Post a Comment