Today was the BIG DAY!!! This was the day I planned to tell all my co-workers and students our big news! To be more creative (and easier.....), I wore a shirt to spread the news that Jamie surprisingly found for me at Wal-mart . It worked fabulously! =) I was actually quite surprised at all the extremely positive comments and encourgement from my colleagues. Of course many people said, "I was wondering when you were going to start trying, but I would never ask." I guess after being there for 5 years and being relatively young (I guess 28 is young...), it's an obvious thought! =) I was so appreciative, though, of all their sweet comments and genuine happiness for Dave and I. It was quite reassuring!I told my students this morning during prayer request time and they were cheering and clapping. And, yes, even third graders know more about pregnancy than even I know!!! Go figure..... One of my students (a boy who is very, umm, very precocious yet overly observant) said to me later in the day, "Mrs. Williams, I thought that you looked bigger last week so I went home and told my mom that I thought you might be pregnant and she said not to say anything because it might not be true........" I am SO THANKFUL that his mom was polite enough and intelligent enough to tell her son that IMPORTANT statement! Kids really do say the darndest things! I was also told not to "let the baby turn", because I have a LOT of control over that one!! Thank you to my wonderful students for the advice (and even sweet comments) they gave me today! =) It should be a fun month and a half!
The absolute BEST thing about today is that I don't have to walk around holding my breath around everyone for fear they may notice the enlarged belly area. I CAN ACTUALLY BREATHE NOW!!!! I also don't have to fear who I see in public when I am wearing my regular "fitted" shirts (that are starting not to fit anymore) either..... Parents and students are always in the least conspicuous places! It's such a RELIEF!!! I am sp happy I got such a positive response today and that everything is out in the open. Secrets have NEVER been my thing, and this has been the HARDEST secret to hold!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment