Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Liz's New Apartment

My wonderful sister, Liz, is a missionary in Japan as many of you know. She has been there over 2 years and will be COMING HOME IN NOVEMBER!!! (She gets to come to the annual "Williams' Thanksgiving" and meet her new little niece or nephew!!!) She is actually coming home to get some seminary training and is then going back to Japan as a full-time missionary (meaning, we will have to use the internet to communicate instead of seeing each other in person....). It's so AWESOME that she is going to serve God this way! I am so proud of her!!! I will be a VERY sad sister though because I won't get to see her in person very often. Guess that just means we will have to take more trips to Japan and her little niece/nephew will be a world traveler! =) Since she will be going back as a long-term missionary, she was able to move (just about a month ago) into a BRAND-NEW apartment right in the city-part of Osaka. How fun! She is on the 12th floor of a 24 floor high-rise. I am sure the view is breathtaking! She actually got to go FURNITURE-SHOPPING for the first time....I still remember how fun it was to go furniture shopping. I am so excited for her!
She is still enjoying meeting her new neighbors and practicing all the Japanese that she has worked so hard to learn. She used to live in a place that had several missionaries around so they all spoke English together. This is a great opportunity for her to use her Japanese. She has taken several years of it already, but is now in some hard-core training and will be for the next 3 or 4 years. Liz is such a QUICK learner, and always has been, so Dave and I were very impressed last summer when we went to visit her. She did so well communicating with everyone! =) Again, I am so happy for Lizzy, and proud of all that she has accomplished!!! God has really been able to use her to reach SEVERAL of the Japanese, all because of her willing-spirit!! =) I love you, LIZZY!!!!! =) CONGRATULATIONS on a BEAUTIFUL apartment! You deserve it!! =)







This is one of my favorite pictures of her!

Be sure to check out her website (it's listed under My Favorite Blogs) to see what all she is up to in JAPAN! She has gotten to do some remarkable things, so you will be as amazed as we all are!

No comments: