Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, April 11, 2008

Maternity Shopping 101

Today was my first day to go maternity clothes shopping! Now, I KNOW I am not supposed to buy a lot of clothes right now (or ever), but it was a lot of fun! I can still wear a lot of my regular clothes but I wanted to buy a few new things that would be more comfie to wear now. My pants are all still fitting (thanks to low-rise pants), but I am scared I am squishing the baby when I sit down since it is so far down still. The jeans I got are so AWESOME! They look very similar to regular jeans, only they have a little bit wider band and some elastic on the sides/back. They are wonderful! I can't wait to wear them all the time! I got a couple cute shirts, and some "staples" that Jamie told me will come in handy soon enough. Jamie and her mom (Nana) were great to have with me because they are so excited about all of it! It was fun to have someone else that was just as excited as I was! Jamie was nice enough to take the above picture in the dressing room at Target for me. Thanks for being there, Jamie!! Here are the clothes that I bought:


While in the maternity section at Target, the funniest thing happened!!! Jamie and I were about to head to the dressing room when a mom and her newly pregnant daughter (who was about my size) walked into the same section (which you have to understand is right next to the Women's section....ie: 16w, 18w, etc.). We overhear the daughter and mother talking. It went something like this:
DAUGHTER: I just don't understand the sizing of these maternity clothes.
MOTHER: Me neither
DAUGHTER (looking at the 16w on a hanger): Oh, well, it must be as simple as 16weeks, 18weeks, etc.
Jamie and I had to QUICKLY leave the section and get to the dressing room because we were about to LOSE IT! We could NOT contain ourselves! I am SO GRATEFUL for common sense and all the friends that have gone the route of pregnancy before me! I was actually flabber-gasted that the mom didn't know what size clothes to get.........WOW! No, we didn't stop to help them because we were so choked up that it would have been worse for us to go back over there. I know, I know. Such a great laugh for the day, though!!! I really hope they actually realized they were in the wrong section...... (Oh, and in the future, if I have a "duh" moment like this, PLEASE don't bring it to my attention right then.....feel free to wait til NEVER to tell me. You ARE allowed to giggle behind my back though!) =)
So, my first experience in the maternity section (for myself) was a blast! I WILL say that maternity sales must make people RICH because those prices are so high for being able to be worn only a few months!!! THANK YOU to my awesome friends that have let me borrow their maternity clothes so I don't have to buy so many! You guys are the BEST!!!

1 comment:

Terra said...

I love the LIz Lange line at Target for maternity. They were my MOST favorite shorts my last pregnancy. Looks like you got lots of cute things. Not to mention, you look adorable pregnant!! Here is the scary thing, wait until baby #2 comes along. I'm 10 weeks and already wearing maternity clothes. They say your body is never the same, now I think I know what they mean. :) Love your "rumor" shirt too! Kids are the best! I would journal about all the cute things my kids said to me when I was pregnant and I look back and laugh at them.