Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 7, 2008

36 wks 5 days





You may notice that my tank top (pre-maternity--and YES, the jeans are pre-maternity to the chagrin of some) is now becoming too short--as are most of my maternity shirts! Daily I try to find a shirt to wear that is not too short. My selection is becoming very limited.... =( But I keep telling myself, "only a few more days and you won't have to worry about it anymore. Don't give in and buy more shirts!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm OFFICIALLY 9 MONTHS!!!!!! =) Everything has been going really well these last couple weeks considering I feel like a whale trying to get around in a hamster's cage! =) It gets more and more difficult trying to bend over and do regular everyday things (like turn from one side to the other while lying in bed or even getting out of the car for that matter!). Dave is so, so helpful around the house and is always doing things for me since he knows it's hard for me to do them on my own. I am so relieved that he is so supportive. I have been having more and more heartburn mixed with nausea, but it's not unbearable, just irritating. My doctor gave me a prescription for Nexium last week to help with it because I was just taking Tums. I was hesitant to start taking them because I hate taking medicine normally (and I've stayed away even more being pregnant--only taken Tylenol once, had a shot of phenergan, and took Tums for a couple days) but Dave insisted because he doesn't want me to feel bad. Today was my first day to take them so we will see how they do. So far I haven't had heartburn today, which has been nice. I am not complaining though because I will definitely take some heartburn & nausea with the fabulous pregnancy I have had! As my mom says, it's nice that I am getting to experience some of the symptoms of pregnancy! =) My days usually alternate between "tired days" and "energetic days". I have taken several naps recently in the late mornings or early afternoons which have been nice. I know that won't happen soon! =) Throughout the last couple weeks I have been having LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they don't hurt. I'm just glad my body is getting ready for delivery. The "full/bloated" feeling of my stomach much of the day gets old, but I am dealing with it well and know it's just because Brody is growing so well and getting so big! =) He is still constantly pushing, twisting, and elbowing me like crazy which is a great feeling (despite how painful it is at times!!). He hiccups at least once or twice a day for 5-10 min. at a time--that's an interesting feeling! =) Oh, and I still don't get woken up by Brody kicking nor do I have to get up often to go to the bathroom during the night...those are both things I get asked often... =)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

The only shirts I could find that covered my belly with the twins were XL mens shirts from Old Navy. They were huge everywhere else, and pretty unattractive, but for those last few weeks they kept me covered. They were cheap too.