As of today, Brody and I have only SIX DAYS left together in these close quarters.....exciting and yet a bit sad. I am still in disbelief really, but I am keeping busy. I try to only think of what I have to get done between now and D-Day, and then I will focus on delivery when that gets here, and finally on raising this new little life when he is put in my arms for the first time. Doing it that way really helps me because otherwise I would frankly be overwhelmed! I was already thinking the other day about how in the world those nurses would let me take home that little boy in just a week's time when I have NO CLUE what in the world I am doing!! =) With that being said, that is why I am all about the "business" part of everything right now, and I will deal with all the rest as it comes up! =) I guess I am kind of in "nesting" mode right now as I have been working non-stop this week trying to get all my chores and errands finished, but I have always had spurts like this where I am on a cleaning kick for days. We will just call it "nesting" though just so I can say I finally had that urge! =) I have been getting LOTS done around here which makes me very happy. It will be one less stress that I have when I go to the hospital next week!! =)
I have been up more at nights. I've woken up at 3 or 4 every night this last week and a half to go to the bathroom (NOT because of Brody, surprisingly!), and then I can't fall back asleep for at least an hour. Then I am up at 6 or 6:30.....I am so tired and WANT to sleep, but I can't. There's too much on my mind. However, I know this is God's plan for helping me adjust to life with a newborn as I will be doing it EVERY night for the next several months! I am so glad He is equipping me already to be a mom because without His help, I would be a MESS right now!! =) It's funny because even Dave has been up at night a lot lately--he also says he is having "sympathy pains". How interesting that it happens that way!
This week I have been fortunate to have the opportunity to visit with some friends that I haven't been able to see very often lately. These were some of my "to-do's" I guess because I am going to have to be out of commission for a few weeks and wanted to spend some time with them alone with no interruptions... =) On Monday, I spent time with Megan at Starbucks and enjoyed a nice couple-hour chat, as well as hung out with Jamie and Olivia (who makes me feel like a celebrity EVERY time I come over--makes for a great ego-booster on an otherwise normal day!). Tuesday I spent time with my husband whom I love so dearly (it was our LAST day off together ALONE and childless! I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the ENTIRE day with him!!), as well as went on a fun double date for dinner with my friend, Angela, and her new boyfriend. As for Wednesday, after my LONG doctor's appointment (long for no apparent reason), I was able to spend time with my friend Amy H. whom I haven't seen in at least a month. It was fun to catch up and see her newly painted kitchen! Last night, I was able to go to my last GNO with all my girlfriends and spend one more time with them all for a while. I am glad they are going to let me bring my little man with me in the future even though he's a BOY and it's GIRLS' Night Out! =) Thanks, girls! =) As you can see, just my social calendar has been busy this week, and that's NOT including everything else I have been doing!! =)
Our LAST doctor's appointment was on Wednesday and after being there for over an hour (VERY RARE in the mornings to be in the waiting room for longer than 30 min...), I still had not been called. It was getting later and later and Dave had to be at work soon. I asked the front desk to check on my appointment because LOTS of ladies that had arrived after me had been called back. After about 5 minutes the front desk told me that I was next but they were waiting on a room. I FINALLY got to go back there and I was a little irritated because my usual time with Dave at Barnes & Noble was now obsolete (& I was SO looking forward to it!!). Everything looks good. Thankfully I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose any either...I have gained a total of 33 pounds this pregnancy, and although that's normal and healthy, I feel like a whale! =) I NEVER want to see this weight again unless it's with another pregnancy!! My blood pressure has been great the entire pregnancy and was at this appointment as well. Brody's heartbeat was 145 and sounded very strong. According to tummy measurements he is still growing very well and is right on track. I have not progressed any since the last time. I was a little disappointed in that because I want as few meds as possible, but I guess it will all be ok! =) I am so grateful for such a wonderful pregnancy!!!!! I know not everyone is this lucky, so I have not taken it for granted. It's definitely been a wonderful thing for someone like me who was scared to death of the whole process for years...turns out, it's not that bad after all. I have loved every minute of it...even the not so good moments. I DO think to myself often about what I have gotten myself into though...there's no turning back now. The scariest parts of pregnancy to me are about to be here and I can't do anything to stop them--delivery and raising a child! Thankfully I have God with me at all times to guide me along the way and get me through all those difficult, painful, and stressful times that lie ahead. What a wonderful encouragement!!! =) Thank you to all of you who have sent Brody so many cute things, as well as those of you have made such sweet comments to me throughout the pregnancy! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!!!
Here are my latest pictures....
One more week of these to go (& then I will NEVER wear that tank top again, even though it was once my favorite!)!! =)
Golly gee! What a BELLY!!!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The belly seems to be trying to escape in this picture!! .jpg)
The cute father of my baby!! =)
He always loves to do poses like this when I am trying to set the tripod up for our picture together...... =)
PS. Symptoms Update: I have NOT gotten the pregnancy hot flashes that supposedly ALL pregnant women get....Dave was a little disappointed in that but told me the other night he was more grateful that I was "nice, and not mean" to him this pregnancy. I think that was one of his biggest fears going into this process! =) I hope it lasts much longer than the pregnancy for both our sakes! And, I DID get a little swelling in my hands the other day when we were working outside. However, I have only had swelling one other time and that was in my feet. I've been fortunate in that area for sure! Heartburn is still non-existent thanks to my friend, "Little Purple Pill" (aka. Nexium). I have also had many days of exhaustion, but many days with lots of energy....
1 comment:
I loved the comment about "there's no turning back now." That's the exact feeling I got the moment my water broke with John. Pregnancy was great and then all of the sudden it was, Wow! There is really a baby coming and there's no stopping it now! I was totally in shock. I just stood there, leaking water all over until Mike snapped me back into reality telling me to get ready to go! :) And it is crazy and amazing that those doctors let you take a baby home after just a few days in the hospital...I kept waiting for my instruction book. :) I'm still waiting... I can't believe Brody is almost here. I'm so excited for you guys.
Post a Comment