Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

All Eyes on Ike

Once again, less than 2 weeks after the previous big hurricane, we are watching Hurricane Ike as it pushes onto the Louisiana and Texas coasts. For some reason, I have been much more laid back about this one, and it could possibly be even worse just because we are on the east side of the eye. We still have food & water from the last hurricane, so I guess we will be good to go regardless of the outcome. I really hope all we get is some rain and a little wind and the electricity doesn't go out. I guess we will see tomorrow how it goes.

Dave and I DID fill up on gasoline this afternoon because we were both almost on empty, and the gas stations were remniscent of when Katrina hit--lines of cars at almost every gas station around town! I thought when I was in line at Sam's for gas that the cars 3 and 4 deep at each pump were just because the price was $3.49 (almost 20 cents lower than most gas stations around here). I guess that wasn't the case though because Dave said that a co-worker's wife was heading to Bossier for gas because many gas stations where she lived in Shreveport were already selling out! WOW! He even told me he saw one gas station off the highway that had a sign reading, "Please be courteous and only put in 10 gallons." Like I said, the last time I saw this was 3 years ago, and the gas prices SOARED from $1.50 to $3.00 in a day! (Those were the days, huh?????) I remember being totally FLOORED when I saw a gas sign that read $3.00 a gallon in Bossier (I even took a picture of it because I thought that was going to be a rare thing...boy was I wrong!)! I wonder what will happen this time...

My dad lives in Huntsville, TX, so I hope he is ok. I haven't been able to get ahold of him today. Chances are he is out of town on a job, but he is ALWAYS welcome to come here! =) I'll keep you posted on good 'ole Ike!

PS. I have been told that many babies are born when the barometric pressure drops....yikes! We don't want to have to name him IKE! (no rhyme intended!)

1 comment:

Terra said...

You guys stay safe!! Baby Brody hold out until after the storm. I like Brody much better than Ike! :)