The last two weeks I have had weekly appointments. Both of them went well and Brody seems to be growin' really well. We were happy to get to see him one more time last week (surprised that we got to have another ultrasound, but it was for measurments to see how big he is getting)! =) Though we got two ultrasound pics from the visit, I'm not going to post them because they weren't the best this time. One was of him being a boy (they like us to make sure which I am VERY glad!!), and the other was of one of his hands (not very clear, but I think it was one of the shots where you could actually see his fingernails!!). He was definitely head down and faced to my spine. The tech said it was hard to even see which way his head was turned at first because he was straight down...all we could see was the top of his head! =) He is measuring right at 37 weeks like he should be and is in the 59th percentile. His weight appeared to be around 6 lbs. 12 oz. with all the exact measurements they took. Kelly, our tech, said that he has caught up on all his growth and even his femur is measuring like it should now. I was glad to see all that. We got to see where his umbilical cord was (and see the blood running through it!) and that it's out of the way of his head still. I have plenty of amniotic fluid and we even got to see his VERY FULL bladder! =) His heart beat was 150 bpm which is great. He still has hair on his (big) head, although she mentioned that it may not be very much--but he won't be bald! =) The rest of the appointments on both Wednesdays were quick and routine. My strep test was negative, and this past Wednesday Dave and I set an induction date if he doesn't come by his due date. I didn't want to at first, but the more Dave and I talked, the more we felt it would be better for us. Our official induction date is set on Thursday, September 25th because they don't do inductions on Fridays (what we really wanted because that would be his actual due date & we have been saying it for so long!).... So, if Brody hasn't made an appearance in the world by the 25th, that is when you can expect him to arrive! =) I am a little nervous about an induction since I wanted everything to be natural, but I would rather do that than have him on a weekend (my doctor said he would be induced on the 29th regardless if he wasn't here by then...). I guess it will all work out and God is in charge so I think I need to hand the reigns over to Him! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment