Since Dave and I are still childless, we are taking advantage of the "together time" that we still have left. The past several weeks we have been going to Barnes & Noble to enjoy hot chocolate (mine) and orange juice (his) after my doctor's appointments. He usually has about 35-45 min. he can spend with me before he goes to work. It has been one of my favorite times to look forward to because we just sit and talk and enjoy each other's company in the quiet of the bookstore. I know that will soon be changed, but we will like the times with Brody even more I think! =) We have also been going to Jason's Deli to eat lunch together on his Tuesdays off because I don't have to work. That has been a blessing as well because he and I have so much fun spending that time together that we were never able to do in the past due to my working every Tuesday. I have LOVED seeing him so much more these days! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I am in reality because it seems so surreal that I can be home with him and not working. It has helped our relationship in many ways and I am so GRATEFUL God has given us this time together!!!! =) I still hope we can have our Jason's Deli and Barnes & Noble time together in the future--it will just include the NEW love of our lives! =)
Last night we had a VERY spontaneous outing, however. At 8:30 Dave asked me if I wanted to go to Red Lobster to eat dinner....WHAT??? I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. (Surprising, I know!) He decided to go to the Applebee's that was closest to our house (which was more sensible than driving the 25 min. it would take to get to Red Lobster...) and off we went (AT 9:00 PM!). This is something we very RARELY do..... The restaurant was fairly empty except for the 8-10 waiters and the couple of tables of customers. One table of young adults behind us was enjoying several rounds of alcoholic drinks so that was definitely entertaining in itself. As we were finishing our dinner, a couple burly-looking gentlemen walked into the restaurant and one of them walked behind the bar. Dave asked, "Why's that guy behind the bar?" Apparently they were undercover cops who were checking ID's of those who were serving alcohol, including the bartender. We couldn't leave NOW! =) It's not everyday that you are in Applebee's at 9:30 at night and undercover cops walk in to bust the employees!!! =) Come to find out after several minutes of "investigating" on our part, the bartender didn't have her ID with her so she was trying to call several people she knew to bring her license up to the restaurant. In the meantime, the "young adults" that were behind us QUICKLY slipped out when they realized those were undercover cops, so I have a feeling that at least ONE of them that was drinking wasn't 21...... By the end of the charade, two tickets had been written--one for the bartender with no ID (whose ID showed up just as the cops were leaving...OOPS!) and one for the store since they had someone serving that shouldn't have been. What a fun and exciting spontaneous evening out!! =) We always have crazy things happen when we go out to eat, but this is certainly one that we have never witnessed!! =) I sure hope we can have more of these times together in the future! Oh, the excitement of Shreveport! =)
Fall Carnival
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment