This morning Dave got to come for a few minutes to watch Brody at his last Level 3 class before work (we didn't know that at the time, so I am glad he got to come!)
Like father. like son...
Showing off his climbing skills...
...while Tori shows off her newest walking skills! YAY, Tori!!!
I think Brody enjoyed having his daddy there to watch him!
Brody was NOT shy about being the first one to bang on the drum!
Time to slide! Brody is really starting to get the hang of sliding on his own...this one he could fortunately use his hands to make him go slower because otherwise the end result would NOT have been pretty! This is a fast slide!
Mikey and Brody rocking together...this was Tori and Mikey's last class at Gymboree (which is sad) so they were spending lots of extra time together! =)
Brody showed both Daddy AND Mommy a new trick today!! He climbed the ladder ALL BY HIMSELF...and PERFECTLY!! We were both so proud of him!! He's only taken one or two steps as I push him up the ladder, but this time, you can see he did it ALONE! =)
I really think he is going to be a perfectionist like his momma because there are several things that he has done recently that he waited to "try" until he could do it WELL and on his own. We will see if my prediction is correct.
YAY!!! Way to go, BRODY!! =) He was so proud of himself and kept clapping!
Playtime with Mommy while Daddy takes the camera. This rarely happens! =)
Brody is a pro at the air log roll! Poor Tori couldn't even keep up because he was leading the boys in pushing it too fast!
This video shows just how excited Brody gets about "Busy Box" time...he instantly knows that when Jamie starts singing that song, he needs to run over to the parachute in order to be ready for the boxes. He always wants his favorite toy--the shaker--but it's also a coveted toy by all of them! He knows he has to be first! Looks like some practice in sharing is in our future! It's only 20 seconds long, but you can see just how fast he runs to get over there!! =)
SUCCESS! He got one of the two shakers!
His prize!
He's pretty good about putting the toys back without whining or crying. I'm always impressed. Even at home I have learned that if I want him to let go of something, I have to make sure HE is the one who puts it away or drops it because if I take it from him, the meltdown begins! =)
BUBBLES! (He asks for the "buls" [bubbles] several times a class while at Gymboree...he loves them!!)
Sweet little Mason...so hard to believe we have been with him since Level 1! They grow so quickly!
parachute ride
GRADUATION TO LEVEL 4!
We didn't realize that a Level 4 class met right after our Level 3, so Jamie encouraged us to stay and see how Brody did (he is at the "recommended" age to move up, but it's not always adhered to...depends on the child) since we had a make-up class from a previous absence. I was wondering how Brody would do since it would be almost 2 straight hours of playtime, but he did great! There were two kids in this particular class that Brody was with in Levels 1 and 2 so it was fun to see how much they had grown in the last 8-10 months!
Again, not shy about the drum! =)
Slid down the slide on his own...used his feet to low himself down since it's a super fast slide! Good job, Buddy!
Showing off his climbing skills again! (Many of the kids have been able to do this for awhile. He either showed no interest or didn't know how. Regardless, I'm glad he is able to do it now!)
He even did a great job of climbing down the other side!
Lounging!
Look familiar?? ;-)
Sliding on his own again. Such a big boy!
Walking up, then running down....not really the best idea! =)
Not sure if you can see it very well in this picture, but on the right side of his forehead there is a red mark. He didn't let me down. He fell once again and knocked his head on the floor and got a carpet burn. This time he fell off the tiny bridge that is right at the top of this wedge (see above pictures...). Lots of screaming and tears, but was fine in about 2-3 minutes. We have just come to expect that something like this will happen every week at Gymboree...ugh.
waterfall time!
Can you tell that he REALLY likes the bubbles????
He's so funny because he is not phased AT ALL by all the kids that are in his class--regardless of if he recognizes them or not! Every week he runs around acting like he owns the place! What a goober!
Just one more rest, Mommy, before we leave...all this playing is tough work!
Brody's Level 3 and Level 4 teacher--Jamie =)
His first time to get a "Bulbo" (Gymbo) stamp!!! I have put this off for all three previous levels just because I knew he would come to expect it. And if heaven forbid, we forgot to get one, I knew a melt down would happen! =) So, I saved it for Level 4 as something he could look forward to. He didn't disappoint. The whole way to the car and several times at home he kept pointing to it and saying "Bulbo". Guess we can't forget to get it now...LOL!
That's one tuckered out little boy! I guess 2 hours of play time would do that to just about anyone! =)


1 comment:
This really makes me wish we had Gymboree near us. The closest one is 45 minutes away.
Post a Comment