Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, January 29, 2010

Shape-Sorting Fool

Recently we have been doing the whole "trading out toys" thing here at our house because I know he gets tired of playing with the same thing all the time (this is evidenced by his periods of getting into all the things he's not supposed to....).  I pulled out his shape sorting bucket today and he had the BEST time with it (again).  The last time he played with it was before Christmas and he didn't really have an interest with putting the shapes in the holes.  He just wanted to practice putting them in the bucket and dumping them out.  That's the beauty of many of the "baby/toddler" toys.  They grow with the kids so there is always more than one skill they can master along the way.  He's been playing with this since he was about 6 months old, but has learned several new concepts along the way.  Fun!

I happened to catch the block falling to the bottom...fun! =)

 


 
Doesn't fit...think I'll try this hole.  It fits!



 
Open it up, dump 'em out, and start all over again!

He knows circle ("kee-koh"), star ("tah" like he's from Boston-does the same thing with "car"), and SOMETIMES triangle/square....none of them are 100% mastered, but circle/star are about 75% of the time.  Pretty impressive for a 16 month old if you ask me! ;-)

No comments: