Brody was invited to Livi's Princess Party today to celebrate turning THREE tomorrow! I STILL can't believe that pretty little thing is already three! (And I'm pretty sure Jamie can't believe it either...) I remember when she was just born and it doesn't seem all that long ago. Since boys don't wear tutus, I had to get him dressed as dapper as I could. Comfortably dapper, of course.
This is the end result. Handsome, if I do say so myself!
He really enjoyed the gift we got for Livi.
Good thing we were giving it away because I'm pretty sure that Daddy wouldn't approve of a My Little Pony house in our house.
Prince Brody riding to rescue his princess....
Princess Tori
Princess Olivia looking lovely in her tutu.
Brody surprised me today because not only did he climb up the ladder...
...he also climbed back down the ladder!! Amazing to me since he just mastered the "climbing up" skill a few days ago!
Princess Chloe
The chaos of all the children must have really gotten to Brody. He's not used to having this many people in his class, and it was pretty loud. You know just how he is with LOUD situations....
He started getting very clingy and very upset after only 30 minutes of being at his very favorite place in the world.
I think the fact that he had a nap this morning (and refused to take one this afternoon), and that he was on Neutrahist for his runny nose/cough causing him to be drowsy were key factors that led to his breakdown. The noise level and large amount of people just put him over the edge. Jamie gave him a couple dum-dums which seemed to help for a few minutes.
Walking up the air log, sucker in hand. He enjoyed jumping off the end (with Mommy's help, of course). So much so that we had to do it several times. As long as he wasn't crying, we could have done this all night as far as I was concerned! =)
But eventually the drowsiness and overstimulation caught up with him. Even with a sucker in each hand, and bubbles in the air, NOTHING would stop his crying. He cried and cried and cried. And he ONLY wanted MOMMY.
We eventually left early and had to miss Livi blowing out her candles. As soon as we got to the car, he calmed down.
At home he was calm and quiet and fine. Poor little guy.
He was even well enough to serenade me with a few numbers on the piano.
Watch out, America, Brody's gonna rock your world.
So glad Brody got invited to Livi's party, even if he got a little upset while he was there. We love that little girl to pieces and it's so fun watching these two grow up together! Thanks, Jamie and Livi, for inviting us to the Ball! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment