Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brody Says "Mommy" and His First Sentence!

The day I have been waiting for since Brody was born FINALLY CAME yesterday!  Brody actually called me "Mommy" and MEANT it!  It's the SWEETEST SOUND I have ever heard!!!  Usually I just got called "Da" like Daddy, and occasionally he would say "mommy" when I asked him to repeat it.  But never has he called me "ma ma" or "Mommy" and meant it.  I am SO EXCITED!! =)  His whole face lights up when he says it, and it's always "Mommy", not "ma ma".  Thank you Brody for making me the happiest mommy in the world! (I'm sure one day I will want to change my name, but for right now, I LOVE IT!!!)

He also said his first sentence today. He said, "Hi Daddy!" after I said, "Can you say Hi, Daddy?" I have asked him this question over and over and over for a couple months and he just says "Daddy" in response. Not today. Today he said "Hi Daddy" with such expression! =) Gosh, we sure do love this kid!!!! =)

Now, if only I can get all that on video......... =)

1 comment:

Kenny and Teresa Wolfe said...

Congratulations! I do know how exciting that is after what seems to be an interminable wait! Mira hasn't been calling me "ma ma" very long, and it's still fairly infrequent (compared to how much she says "daddy"). Still makes my day when she calls for me. Kenny says she says it a lot more when I'm not there; I don't know if he's being honest or just nice...