Brody was invited to sweet little Lexie's 2nd birthday party today at Jill's Gymnastics. He had a really great time, and I think Lexie had a BALL! Thanks so much for inviting us, Carol!
Before the party we had a little fun in our tunnel here at home. Brody and I have fun playing games with each other in this thing!
Don't you just love the outfit?? =) Nothing like throwing things together to keep warm on a chilly day at home!
As soon as we got to the gym, Brody headed straight for the pit! He saw all those "ocks" (blocks) and immediately wanted to get in with them! =)
The last time Brody was here he was just beginning to walk and he loved walking around on all the soft flooring (which actually helped him walk better). This time, he was running everywhere! =)
But, he ended up spending more time in the pit than anywhere else! At one point he even threw himself in the pit scaring one of the moms who was sitting right next to the edge! (I was right behind him and could have grabbed him had I thought it was dangerous...)
He did get out a couple times to run around and play with all the fun equipment.
He really liked the trampoline! He was a little nervous at first on "jumping" on it with Mommy, but soon he was running full speed to the end of the long runway trying to leap off into the pit. I wasn't ready for that so I had to literally slide down the runway to catch him several times! He's a fast little toot!! He thought it was so funny!
At first I only wanted him by the edge of the pit because I wasn't sure what he would do if he got too far out and I certainly did NOT want to crawl in there to get him! I know just how hard it is to get myself out, let alone me AND a thrashing toddler!
However, he just kept crawling and crawling all the way to the middle and LOVED it! He just sat there for a very long time, looking around. I was assured by the people that run the gym that someone would go out and get him for me when he was ready to get out.
Lexie is HIGH above him about to be thrown in by her daddy...we later learned she wasn't a huge fan of that. The tears proved it! =)
As I was watching him, at one point I noticed that with all the crawling and squirming, Brody's pants were starting to come off. I didn't want them to end up at the bottom of 8 ft of foam, so I asked Devon if he would go rescue Brody and his pants. He kindly obliged.
I'm wondering just how many times he's had to pull out a little person whose pants are around their knees?? ;-)
He did a great job and Brody was in my arms at last...but of course cried because he wanted back in! =)
Lexie, the birthday girl, in her cute little outfit!
Lounging on the pads
and playing on some more! Can you guess what he is pointing at??
Why, "loons"(balloons) of course!
Pizza time! Jamie helped with Brody...it was quite entertaining to watch actually.
He refused the Icee...
..as well as the pizza. What child doesn't like Icees and pizza??? =)
He thought the candy machines were more entertaining. And, yes, he cried everytime I tried to take them away from them.
Lexie and her mommy, Carol, opening our gift...
While Lexie opened gifts, Brody decided he LOVED the Icee....but ONLY if he could use the straw to DIP it out! He does not use the straws for the proper purpose of sucking...in fact, he refuses. Dipping is more his style!
Time for cake!! She was SO EXCITED!!!!!
Make a wish and BLOW!
Evan, my friend Lesha's little boy. He's a cutie!
Jamie, Livi, and Chad...as always, Livi refuses to look at the camera when I'm taking her picture. =)
More Icee fun. To his dismay, the cup eventually turned over (as you can imagine it would...) and spilled Icee everywhere. He lasted longer than I thought he would, however! =)
Holding his "loon" on the way home.
He loves balloons and points them out anywhere we go. He sees them when I didn't even know they were there! =)
What a fun afternoon and evening with my sweet boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment