This morning we were finally able to go to church for the first time since having little Brody. It's VERY hard to get everyone ready to go ANYWHERE now, expecially since I am nursing him. I have to feed him, as well as change his diaper and clothes right before we leave in hopes he doesn't spit up all over them (which is about 45 min prior to walking out the door--IF he eats well and isn't crying because of gas or spitting up everywhere). After that we have to change into our clothes so he doesn't spit up all over US. Then, if I am lucky, I will have a good hour (or MORE...) before he needs to eat again. If I'm not lucky, he has 15 min. before he has to eat again (which happened tonight one my way to LifeGroup, so I turned the car around and didn't go...). Having said all that, I tried VERY hard to feed him close enough to the time we were gonna leave and also have enough time to get him ready before we walked out the door. Didn't work out so well. He started crying right before we left and we couldn't get him to stop for several minutes. Out comes the colic/hiccups medicine (Gripe Water) as well as the Mylicon for gas. Eventually he stopped crying and we were able to leave. We made it to church 10 min. late (which actually isn't too bad considering) but couldn't find a seat in the back near where we usually sit so had to resort to the FAR other side of the church. The music was excellent and it was good getting to hear Bro. Mark preach again. About 30 min. after we arrived he started getting fidgety so I had to take him out and feed him. Fortunately my friend Rosalyn let me use her office to feed him so I didn't have to go out to the car. I made it back to the service just in time to find Dave before it was over. We saw all our friends afterwards, as well as several dear people from church who hadn't gotten to see him yet. I guess it turned out to be a successful morning afterall.

Since Brody likes the sound of the water in the shower, as well as the hair dryer, I take him in the bathroom with me in the mornings and set him under the loud vents/heat while I get ready. It usually works out pretty well. Today I just thought he looked like he was so much older so I had to take a picture.

We like to have little conversations while I am drying my hair or putting on makeup.
Before Brody was born we got some of the CUTEST little sweater vest/button shirt combos from a friend. Today he got to wear the first one to church. He looked so handsome!! Dave even made sure his little sleeves were rolled up like he wears his. Too cute! =) We can't wait to dress him like this more often.


Sleepy little buddy...



I LOVE this family picture of us! Thanks, Diana! =)
2 comments:
Since little Brody likes the sound of the hairdryer do I have a tip for you!! Kylan was a fussy little guy the first 3 months, but loved the sound of the water going full blast in the tub and the hair dryer. There is a CD called Happiest Baby on the Block something or other and it only has 5 track on it, but one is the hair dryer. I would just put it on repeat on that track on his CD player or in the car and he would sleep so soundly! You should look it up. I think you can find it on Amazon. I love his little outfit by the way!!
I love his outfit. It is so cute. Outfits like that make them look so big. Of course he is the cutest baby.=)
Post a Comment