Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Girl's Night Out--What a BLOWOUT!!

So, tonight was Girl's Night Out (GNO) and even though I am working on Brody's new schedule, it worked out PERFECTLY that we could go! His naptime landed right at the exact time of GNO! =) That was a little blessing from God because it was a pretty long day, even though I was given Godly strength to get through it! =) All those prayers from friends are really what got me through! I TRULY have the best friends ever, because not only did so many pray for us, but at GNO something very rare happened.....................and my friends went ABOVE and BEYOND the call of friendship to help out!
Brody was sleeping when we got there (like he was supposed to be doing...good boy!) but after like 30 minutes woke up. He did well and didn't cry or anything but just sat there. Since he wasn't going back to sleep I decided to get him out and give him a little mommy time before everyone started to hold him. I knew he had a dirty diaper, but didn't think too much of it except I was glad because he hadn't had a BM all day! I was gonna change him, but not right then. After a few minutes Diana took him from me. It wasn't until then that I noticed EXACTLY WHY he was so STINKY! He had a HUGE BLOWOUT! This was his first "up the back" blowout! Yikes! =) And Dave had to miss out...poor guy! Of course I didn't have a spare onesie in this diaper bag, so Candice & I had to run to Big Lots which happened to be close by to buy something to put on him. The only thing they had were some cheap $2 onesies which I graciously bought! We ran back to Counter Culture to put it on Brody. While I was gone, my VERY SWEET friends Jamie, Jana, and Diana all took Brody in the bathroom to clean him up! How many friends would readily volunteer like that???? I was so appreciative (and surprised....not because of who volunteered, but WHY they would volunteer to clean up my smelly, poop covered little boy)!! =) He was all clean when we got back and we put his new little outfit on him. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS!! I was so glad I was able to go to GNO tonight! It was a lot of fun despite the craziness!

Awake, and having fun....maybe this was when he was leaving his present for me... =)

He looks so innocent (& clean) doesn't he??

Me and my sweet boy--little did I know what was all over his back (and my shirt!) at this point!!


Diana is ALWAYS so silly!! =)

Despite what he was covered in, he was still the cutest little boy you have ever laid eyes on! =)

What a mess! Like Jamie told me later tonight--All restaurants and places of business should be required to have a changing table in the bathroom. Apparently they had to change him in the bathroom floor! GROSS!!! I think I ruined the changing pad when I came home and threw it in the bathtub to wash it! =( Maybe it will dry out ok.

His newly purchased onesie......


Mommy and Daddy's Alarm Clock! (at least the saying was fitting, right??)

Jamie, Diana, and Candice were all sweet enough to hold him and distract him from his feeding time that was still an hour away! Eventually Jamie got him to sleep and I'm proud to say that he made it to his 2.5 hour mark! Way to go, Little Buddy!!! =) You did such an AWESOME job today for your first day of this crazy scheduling attempt! =) We are so proud of you!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a night! And I will gladly change my little nephew's poopy diaper whenever! You've done sooooo much for Olivia.....Glad he took the bottle better! Keep up the good work! Love you!

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

I have GOT to start coming to GNO. I know I shouldn't laugh but we've been there before and trust me, there will be MANY MORE of those to come. The girls are soo awesome to help you and out! Brody is precious!

Kris-Amy said...

Hey, you need to get Kris to tell you about the time that he took Alahn to look around at the library and she threw up all over him, her, the books, the floor...good times...

Michelle Claire said...

I am glad you could experience the poop up the back.=) Jaden allowed me to experience that weekly when she was a baby. She even to this day has messy poop. I love the pictures you took. They are too funny. He looks so relaxed after he got changed. I am sure he felt better. Glad you were able to get help with the mess.=)

Brandi said...

Poor baby. And poor Mommy! :) Those are some good friends you have! You have to send me your e-mail so I can send you a pic...I don't want to post it in fear of someone throwing up all over their keyboard.