Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Doctor Visit

Yesterday we had to take Brody to the doctor for his first "sick baby" visit. Well, he wasn't really SICK, but it wasn't a "well-baby" visit either. He has been REALLY fussy and cries a LOT in the evenings recently and acts really, really hungry, but when I go to feed him he totally refuses to eat and continues to scream. On Thursday night he went almost 4 hours without eating! I was getting nervous so a friend suggested we take him to the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or a sore throat. Fortunately they were able to get us in yesterday to see Dr. Cockrell while Dave was off work. We got everything checked out and he isn't sick at all....she said he looks good (no ear infection or thrush and his tummy wasn't sensitive to her feeling around on it) but that it's his colic acting up even more. She prescribed some colic medicine, and some more Axid for his spit-up....which has gotten worse. (We tried to get the colic medicine filled yesterday at Walmart, but they won't have anymore for a couple weeks! We will be going somewhere else today to get it filled! For now we are continuing to use the gripe water...) He was showing off yesterday to his doctor--he was acting all tough and strong and like nothing was wrong! He even ate PERFECTLY while we were there! Silly boy! =) Why do they always try to show off like that and make you look like you have no idea what you are talking about?? =) I got some VERY cute pictures of him while we were there...he looks so much older than 6 weeks!!

Me and my BIG boy!
"I love to kick!!"
"I'm getting THIS big!"
"Hooray! I'm not sick!"

He's still doing so well on holding up his head these days!

MMMM....yummy hand!
Dave ADORES his son! It's always a thrill of mine to watch them interact....Dave was giving him zerberts on his bare tummy and pointing out what the different types of creatures were on the wall. He's such a good dad already!

I took this because I love the murals in the doctor's office, but when I was looking at it, I realized just how LONG he looks in his daddy's arms! WOW! Notice how tight Dave is holding him...that's because he is 12 pounds, 3 ounces of squirming baby now! He's a chunk!! =)

You can see in this picture just how much he looks like Dave: eyes, face shape, chin, ears, and Dave even has a dimple when he smiles that I didn't realize was there til today! =) The jury is still out on whose nose he has... Besides the hair color, he is a spitting image of his daddy! SO, SO cute!! =) But, unfortunately for him, he is ALL MAMA on his personality! =) At least I am a happy and friendly person, so I hope he is the same way.... =)

He just melts my heart....how could that face NOT melt your heart??? I think Dave and I are in for some trouble when he starts using it to get what he wants!! =)

This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken of him so far!!!! I LOVE IT!!! =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While we were getting ready yesterday morning to go to the doctor, Brody was in his usual spot outside the bathroom so he can watch. (The only place he will sit contentedly is in his carseat so you see this an awful lot in his pictures...I apologize for the lack of variety! You do what you gotta do, and I have to capture those priceless expressions no matter WHERE he's at!) He was looking so serene and chilled that I had to get my camera. While snapping pictures he started doing several smiles so I was glad I was able to get a few of them on film!!
Look how peaceful he looks!
He finally did his "half smile" where I could get it on camera! This has great signifigance because Dave used to do the exact same thing when we were in college...only his was much more exaggerated! The whole look of this picture is actually what I used to see on a daily basis from Dave--head cocked, exaggerated half smile, and hand on his belt buckle! It bugged the SNOT out of me when Dave did it, but now it's "Oh So Cute" when Brody does it!! =)
Two of Brody's smiles for us.... =)
Here is what Brody looked like on the way to the doctor's office.....

How cute is that??? Dave put his little ballcap on tilted to the side so Brody could be "cool"..... He's adorable either way! =)

2 comments:

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

Glad to hear Brody is not sick. We've had a couple of those visits where I was convinced she was sick and she wasn't. Colic is the worst!! I hope he gets to feeling better. He is soo precious!! Love seeing pics of him!

Michelle Claire said...

He is so cute. You are right he does look like Dave. He does have your hair though.=) I do love his hair color.=) He is getting big. Glad to hear he is not sick. Sometimes you just never know and it is good to get it checked out. I hope you are doing great. I am off on Tuesday so if you get time call me.=)