Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, November 24, 2008

Church Thanksgiving Meal

Sunday was our church's annual Thanksgiving dinner. Our LifeGroup decided to meet there instead of at our usual place so we could enjoy dinner, fellowship (with kids), singing, and the Lord's Supper together. I must say, it was quite an amusing night! The kids at the table were hilarious much of the evening! They are all 3 and under, so the youngest ones weren't old enough yet to know that there are times to sit quietly and times to be loud. We were probably one of the loudest tables, not just because of the kids but because the adults were laughing at what the kids were saying and doing! Oops! I told Shelby and Kara that next year they can laugh at us when Brody is the loudest one at the table! This year he slept through the whole thing and did so well. =)




This was the only time he opened his eyes during the whole night....could it be because of all the camera flashes??? =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a different note, Sunday was also a terrific day at our house! For starters, Brody looked older when I had him in the bathroom with me that morning. It was fun seeing him so active and alert (and not crying...) while he was waiting on me! =)
Even better was the fact that Dave and I BOTH got to sit through the ENTIRE church service this morning without having to leave!! =) That was a huge blessing and milestone! Brody only made a couple little baby noises while he was trying to drift off to sleep, but other than that, he was so quiet and content. Oh, and we also signed him up for the church nursery. Now that he is getting shots on Wednesday, we will be able to drop him off there before church. It will be hard to part with him and leave him in the care of others, but we know it will be best for all of us. He can be spoiled while we are able to focus better on the sermon and praising God! =)
The afternoon was a little trying because we couldn't get him to go to sleep even though he needed to due to fussiness and tiredness. Dave also needed to sleep, so though I had lots to do for all the family and friends that are coming, I got to try and calm Brody down and convince him to fall asleep. I enjoyed being with him and just prayed the whole time that God would give me the energy and time to get everything finished before Tuesday (I will hopefully be able to get lots of the chores finished today!). On top of not wanting to nap, he also wasn't eating correctly. He would only eat a little and then refuse to eat anymore. He has been doing this the last two days, but yesterday afternoon seemed to be the worst. Since Dave was sleeping, I was praying that Brody would take a bottle from me because I knew he needed way more than what he was eating and I didn't want to have to wake up Dave. And, GUESS WHAT?? Brody took a bottle from me at HOME!!! =) YAY!! It's all the small things that we get excited about....sitting through an entire church service, Brody eating from a bottle, etc....... =)
Sunday evening after the dinner, I was able to do a couple loads of laundry, Dave was able to clean the bathrooms (THANKS, HONEY!!!!), and I was able to do the dishes (washing bottles and pump parts gets very, very old VERY quickly..........................................my hands are so DRY!!!). I was thankful that Brody slept a bit while we were able to do those things. Now, today I get to work on everything else! =) One last positive way to end our Sunday--BRODY WENT RIGHT TO SLEEP WITH NO CRYING AT HIS BEDTIME!!!! That in the end helped me get a good 2 1/2 hours of sleep before I had to wake up to feed him again! =)
Here are some cute pictures of him before bedtime. He was so sweet and kept smiling over and over while we changed him...this was the first time that Dave got to witness it. That made my heart fill with joy! =) Brody started and ended the day with contentedness...and it made me a happy mother!! =)

Our precious baby boy!

I love this little baseball gown, & the socks made it even cuter! He even let me cover his hands so they wouldn't get so cold at night!
And, I just realized one thing: All Brody wore the whole day was baseball apparel and it was actually NFL Sunday! He had on a baseball onesie, his baseball sweater (though you can't tell in the picture), and his baseball gown.........I didn't even know I did that! Too funny!

No comments: