Counting down to our 7th Anniversary!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a GREAT DAY! =)

I must say that so far today has been one of the most rewarding days thus far... First, Dave was home which is ALWAYS a GREAT thing! Also, last night I only had to feed Brody TWICE! I had to get up a couple times to put his pacifier back in, but other than that, he went 4 hours between feedings! YAHOO!! More sleep=better mood!

Then, Brody is starting to get the hang of this "schedule" thing. Though he has a few little crying spells here and there because he is tired or hungry, he has been able to stick with his 2 1/2 hour feeding schedule (and sometimes goes three hours!). This being said, today we were able to go to church and I didn't have to leave in the middle of the service to feed him!! =) We DID have to take him out because he was a little fussy and fidgety, but that's ok. He's a loud baby and we have accepted that and embraced it. We think he will be very talkative like his parents. =) After church, Dave kept saying that I was a "new woman" because I felt so good that we had accomplished this seemingly monumental task of not having to feed at church! =)
He also finally started taking a pacifier yesterday which helped naptimes, fussy times, and bedtimes today! Praise God!! Some may say I am a bad mom because I am giving my child a soothing aide and not letting him "soothe himself", but I don't feel that way. I was reminded today that we want Brody to be independent and giving him a tool to do that is a step in that direction. Having been down the road of thumb-sucking myself (til I was in 6th grade...), I don't want Brody to have to overcome that unless it's necessary. Some babies start sucking their thumb in utero and that's hard to stop once they are born. Since he wasn't one of those babies, we are thrilled that we are giving him something else to soothe himself that will be more easily removed than a thumb! =)

These were from yesterday...I had to capture the moments from his first REAL day of taking a paci!

Now that he is taking a pacifier, we tried bringing a bottle to LifeGroup tonight so I didn't have to step out and feed him in the middle of class. FORTUNATELY he took the bottle!!! =) Jamie fed him almost 4 ounces and he didn't spit, fight, or cry the whole time! =) He sucked it dry! We were so proud of him! Once again, I was a "new woman"! It's so much better now that we have options...............................



Today I noticed just how much he loves to hold his hands.....it's so cute! =) I think I noticed it the other day, but today he was doing it all day long. He just looks so CONTENT when he is doing it...........I love that look on him! =)

at church today....rolled up sleeves like daddy!




chillin' on a Sunday afternoon....

Please don't mind the outfit! =) I know it doesn't match. I just thought the hand-me-down pants were perfect for our ALWAYS cold house. I have never seen them with feet like this in the stores.....




Daddy's football buddy....he is starting to actually LOOK at things across the room which is always fun. I am sure he had no idea what was going on, but it totally looks like he is enjoying the game! =)


We are so proud of our little boy! He is doing so well adjusting. It's not been easy by any stretch of the imagination, but I guess these "little" milestones are so much more impressive and exciting because of that challenge. Thank you, LORD, for answering our prayers these last few weeks!!! Thank you, also, for helping me grow in my patience and understanding along the way, and for friends who have encouraged me when I thought it was hopeless.





I sure love this little boy!! =)



Here are some cute pictures from yesterday....

4 comments:

Babymakes3forthesullivans! said...

Yeah for Brody. I'm soo glad things are starting to run smoother for you guys. I for one am an advocate for paci's! Lexie takes one at night and has 3 more in her bed so she can find them at night. I don't mind at all since she can soothe herself and sleeps 12 hrs a night!! You are doing a GREAT JOB!!

Gina said...

I also stand in the Paci Advocate line. Some kids are suckers (HA!)and it is one of the ways they self-soothe. You are so right in giving him a tool to accomplish that.

Just wait, one day he will be able to pop that puppy back in his mouth in the middle of the night!!

Yeah for miles....tones (periods added by my assistant Carlee. The mouse is no longer interesting)

Elizabeth said...

I'm also part of the Pacifer Advocacy Group. Jacob used one, and it was sooooo nice! I know I'm his momma, but I think he turned out just fine..paci and all! When it's time to give it up, you can do what I did and tell him the UPS man came and got it so another "baby" could have it! :)

Michelle Claire said...

Glad to hear things are getting better for Brody. I knew in time things would get better.=) I hope each day gets better for you both. Glad he is taking the pacifer. Sometimes I wish I would have not allowed my kids to suck their thumbs but Jaden does not do it so much anymore. Cayman is going to be the hard one to break.