

Brody is able to do so much more these days than I ever thought a baby this young could do! It's so fun to watch what new thing he can do everyday. This morning I was talking to him from across the room and he turned to look at me several different times. I see just how tightly he holds onto things and doesn't let them go. He is going to have his own "blankie" before you know it! =) He makes all the cutest faces and expressions and they are becoming more and more intentional. I love to hear all his "coos" and sounds! He coos a lot when we have our Mommy/Brody time and still makes the sweetest little sounds when he is sleeping. Dave and I LOVE to listen to him!

11/10/08
11/9/08His strength amazes us on a daily basis--he kicks those little legs and throws around his arms often. Those movements sometimes cause some pain! =) He is trying to stand on his legs when we hold him up and he sure pushes up on them when he is crawling up my stomach in anger! =) His little neck muscles are getting so much stronger. It's been fun to watch him do tummy time and see the advances he has made over the last couple weeks! Brody is getting better at sitting up when we set him next to something, and he loves to sit in his Bumbo seat. You will be surprised at just how much of a big boy he looks here!
He's just relaxing here...trying to look like what he has seen his daddy do over the last several weeks!
5 weeks old (11/5/08)
He likes his baths more and more. Now when we put him in the tub he just "chills" making scrunched up faces while I wash him. Before he used to scream bloody murder when we would even put his feet in the bathtub! He also is SO much better when we change his diaper and clothes. When we take things off over his head or put them back on he still gets stressed out, but it's not the huge battle we used to have. We are making progress. =)
Dave and I are learning new things that work for Brody and that help calm him down. One thing is to take him in the bathroom and put him under the vent/heater because he likes the sound it makes. Dave came up with that one and it works for giving medicine, feeding bottles, and calming screaming babies (most of the time!). Brody is becoming more comfortable with being swaddled as well, so we have been doing it for naps and bedtimes. Even though he sweats, it seems that the warmer he is, the longer he sleeps! =)
11/11/08


1 comment:
The robe/hair pic is ADORABLE!!! Very old man-ish =)
BTW I think we may have the same couches....Mushroom colored, microfiber. Do your's sit on pedestal legs? You will LOVE the microfiber. I have cleaned sharpie off mine (and almost killed the perpetrator).
Post a Comment